The Mildenhall war memorial is situated in St John the Baptist Church, Mildenhall, just on the right as you enter into the church. It has thirteen men listed from WWI and one man from WWII. Above is a picture of the memorial, while the photo gallery below shows two Commonwealth War Graves Commission headstones from the church cemetery, those of Sgt.Witts and Driver Cross.
The memorial is from Sicilian marble with black ornamentation in Belgian marble. It was unveiled by Major Christopher Hughes M.C. in a service conducted by the Rector Rev.Gordon Soames on 12 November 1920. Note that the name of George Angell also appears on the memorial in Ogbourne St.George, the name of Driver Sidney Cross, who died of wounds in March 1920, is not on the memorial at all and that Henry Bowley does not appear to have any connection with the village. There is one entry from WWII.
At every Remembrance service the names of the fallen are read out, each name being accompanied by a blow on the tenor bell. Also an information board is put in the church about a week before the centenary of the death of each soldier, and then on the actual day the bells are rung in their memory.